Monday, July 25, 2011

Ride For Wishes 2011

Dear Family and Friends
Today is July 25,2011 Just one month before I leave Aug 25th,2011 to go touch all four geographical corners of the lower 48 states in hope that I can bring awareness and raise a few dollars to help the Make-A-Wish Foundation grant wishes to children. These kids are going through many different types of treatments but they all have one thing in common,they have a life threatening medical condition. The foundation grants these wishes to kids who have life threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope,strength and joy. I have personally seen the power of a wish when Dylan was granted his wish to be a police officer. Dylans wish day not only brought a young boy hope and joy but gave him the needed strength to keep moving forward and one of the main reasons he is a healthy 12 year old boy today and his cancer in remission.
I will ride my motorcycle across this country in hope that more wishes can be granted to bring the same hope,strength and joy to other children. You see I ride because I want other kids and families to be able to experience and see how a difficult time in life can be changed with one wish. these wishes are made possible by people like YOU,they are not supported by grants or goverment programs. I encourage all who read this blog to find it in their hearts to make a donation so other kids can have a wish. 100% of all donations go directly to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Please visit https://secure.wish.org/ourfriends/007-000/rideforwishes.htm to make your online donation or send a check to 14232 Red Hill Ave,Tustin,Ca 92780. Include "Ride For Wishes" in the memo. Make check payable to Make-A-Wish Foundation. I would like to thank all of you for your support,prayers and encouragement. As the wise lady once asked me David are these rides not a challenge for you,I thought for a min,paused and answer her with this. Yes these rides are challenging but these rides are like a drop of water in the ocean compared to the challenges these kids face on a daily basis. I am just a small part of a huge picture,these kids need our help and that help starts with YOU.
Again thank you so much for any support you can give. I will keep you updated on a daily basis on my ride and as in past rides there will be some cool pictures and wish house visits.
Keep The Chrome Side Up
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment