Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Intro

Hi my name is Dave Rusk
I am currently planning a ride to Alaska. Before,along and after my travels I am asking everyone I know or do bussiness with to DONATE TO THE MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION.This Foundation reached out to my family when we needed it most and has been there for us from the time they met us to this day. You see my newphew was granted a wish on Dec 19th 2007. His special day was to be A sheriff. The Orange County Sheriffs department along with MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION made his wish come true. His day was very fullfilling not only to my nephew but to our whole family.
I am calling my adventure Bobbys Ride For Wishes in memory and Honor of my Late brother Robert Earl Rusk. Bobby was my nephew's Dad. My Brother was an excellent father and raised his son for a very short 9 years. Today his son lives with Me ( HIS SECOND DAD)My wife kathy( SSMOM FOR SECOND MOM) and his sissy Terri ( Our youngest Daughter).Dylan is doing great health wise and his cancer is in remission. Bobby said to me a few days before he passed that he is not afraid but he is worried that Dylan will be taken care of if anything was to happen to him. Well I am living up to my promise to him to do everything in my power to make sure Dylan is safe and secure and is raised in a good home,gets a good education and that his medical care is nothing short of excellent. I would again like to ask anyone who reads this blog to find it in your heart and your pocket book to give something back. I am doing this ride so I can give something back and to help other kids wishes come true. If you would like to DONATE please contact me at 714-875-1273 or write a check Payable to Make A Wish Foundation with a memo on the check that reads: Bobbys Ride For Wishes
Send To: Make A Wish
14232 Red Hill Avenue Tustin,Ca 92780-5836
Phone: 714-573-9474 Fax: 714-689-0985

No comments:

Post a Comment