Sunday, August 28, 2011

Texas and Oklahoma was nothing but alot of heat/105 to be exact. I am 200 miles west of Little Rock Arkansa and stoped for the night in Sallisaw,Oklahoma. I rode 441 miles today After leaving Amarillo Texas this morning around 7am. When I left it was about 88 but soon reached 100 plus in just an hour. I made alot of stops to get cooled off and pressed on. I met a real nice family at one of my stops,whereI gave all four kids wish braclets and a wish star to mom and dad. They had not herd of the Make-A-Wish Foundation so I informed them what the foundation does and for who,they thanked me for the information and told me they would look it up in their area when they get home. Even though the first 4 days of this ride have been very warm I am still very determined to help make wishes come true for some very special kids. I have a very special wish star to hang at each corner I touch. I am still up in the air if I am going to turn and go south to Fl or keep going east and go to maine first, The weather will let me know tomorrow. I could really use some cooler weather but on the other hand I am getting use to it now so I will decide later which way to go. I would like to thank you for your support and for helping a child have one heartfelt wish come true.
Everyone have a great night
Keep The Chrome Side UP
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment