Thursday, September 8, 2011

Four Corners Day 13,2011




Sorry I did not write last night but had a bad connection. I am sitting here in Austin,MN doing laundry at 5am before I start my day. Yesterday was a very nice day and I found a couple of cool spots to take breaks as you can see from the pictures. I rode 638 miles in some of the best weather I have had, Today should not be any different other then I am going to stop and get the oil changed on the bike at some point. I was reminded yesterday by a very young girl when I stoped yesterday to get a hair cut that we are very lucky to be able to live in such a wonderful country and that we should count our blessing everyday. This young girl was not listening to her mother, I told the girl if she does what her mother ask of her I would give her a prize,she did exactly as her mother said and I went and got her a Share The Power Of A Wish braclet. She had a hundred questions for me and I was more then willing to answer each and every one of them. I have been on the road for 13 days now and I am getting more energy as the days go by. I keep thinking of how when Dylan was sick and what he went through and how his wish to be a police officer was granted does nothing but bring smiles to my face when I think of the HOPE,Strength and JOY he recieved from his wish to push him over the top and get him better. The Make-A-Wish Foundation does remarkable work and as I am standing in that picture at top with my arm around my helmet,each of us should wrap out arms around the foundation and help grant another kid one heartfelt wish. Thank You for all the support,the wishes we have granted through this are awsome but there are more to be granted.

Everyone have a great day.

Keep the Chrome Side Up

Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment