Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 19& 20 four corners 2011







Well I made it home safe and sound. Today Dylan and I rode down to the fourth corner together for a total miles rode the last two days of 752. Sorry I did not write last night but I was just a bit tired and was glad to be in my own home for a change. As I reflect back on the last 20 days what I really think about is getting home to the family that has supported me through this ride. I would like to take a min and thank everyone that has supported these efforts to make a wish come true for some very deserving kids. This years ride was the longest of all three with having completed 10,880 miles over a 20 or was it 21? day period,I lost count. No matter, we granted wishes again this year and that is all that counts. I am very blessed to be able to ride my bike across this country and be able to help some kids at the same time. When Dylan was granted his own wish to be a police officer,Dylan was uplifted into good health and that wish was a major part of it all. I dont think there is a family out there that has experienced the power of a wish that would say any different. The hope,strength and pure joy that is brought into a childs life because of a wish granted is priceless. These wishes not only help the child but there whole family,because they too get to see how a difficult time in life can be changed with one wish.



I am going to go through all the pictures and make a album of them all in the next few days to share with you all. I hope you have enjoyed this years adventure across America or should I say around?



I would again like to thank everyone that has supported this years event. I have not even began to think about next years ride but I will tell you this,It will not be AS LONG. It would be really nice to get some other riders involved so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.



Everyone have a great night and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.



Keep The Chrome Side Up.



Dave

1 comment:

  1. To Make donations please follow this link
    http://friends.wish.org/007-000/page/Dave-Rusk/Dave's-Wish-Ride.htm

    ReplyDelete